Monday, February 05, 2007

The long kiss goodnight....

nope. Sorry. no great scandal or intrigue, but you try thinking of a catchy title for a miscellaneuos post.. (and no, i don't know how to spell that word!)



People I have some progress to report... I am officially a jogger. You may remember my humble beginnings a month ago? Today is the anniversary and I have run every second day for 4 weeks. Not too shabby for a luigat like myself. This morning I ran 12km. (TWELVE!)



So I am quite shocked at myself. Shocked and if I may say so very impressed. Sure I'm not the speediest... and some might call me more of a shuffler than a jogger(those same some might want to rethink their hospital cover...), but I feel a massive sense of achievement for making it this far. I also feel a massive sense of pain in my right knee, but that's just the price of being a hardcore athlete! :)

Ok now onto more urgent matters... I NEED HELP (not that sort!) You see Saturday is my 1 year wedding anniversary (EEK!) Does ANYBODY have any idea what a good kind of gift would be?? HELP! Suggestions!?!?!???

Also, I have volunteered to organise Valentines Day... any suggestions for a romantical evening on a tight budget. Lets have some creativity here people!!!

7 comments:

ExMi said...

Wedding present - hmmm....that's a tough one...

Valentines - sexy underwear, picnic basket, booze....and take it somewhere pretty....somewhere you can eat, and then enjoy each other...?

So maybe the garden?

I dunno - I'm not very good at this stuff - I've left it up to Luke. He was planning on buying me a puppy, knowing I had to leave mine in DBn when i moved up to JHB. Not very practical, but a very sweet thought....

Caz said...

mmmm I quite like that...
I had an idea of putting up a tent in our back yard but i don't know if that is cool or corny.

But our backyard is killer... STUNNING. Will have to post some pics of it soon.

Else maybe go camp somewhere near the sea

SaM-GiRL said...

ooooh yeah! the sea!!! watch the sun set, and then watch the moon lay over the water like a blanket... did i just say all that? GROSS!!!

Caz said...

hmmmm it seems you too are softies underneath! don't worry... I won't tell ;)

Unknown said...

how about a gift subscription to Ecquid Novi - South African Journal for Journalism Research? Many hours of stimulating reading, im sure...hahahahaahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

on a less serious note..how about tickets to a show in ct (theatre or musical), then drinks in a booth in Ponana bar with a hubbly

Caz said...

mmmmmmmmmm brynie, also sounds good! But i think i enjoy theatre more than he does....

Anonymous said...

I'm far toooo shocked about caz the hardcore athlete to even come up with one idea.