Saturday, September 19, 2009

In loving memory

Today - 19/09 - is my official due date. Life was supposed to be very very different by now.

In sunbirds and the scent of spring
In babygrows, lambs and pink things
In all that is beautiful and delicate and rare
In sad songs and happy times and everything fair
Dark wisps of hair, a button nose,
a wizened little face
Tiny hands and little toes, our girl, Sophia Grace

We long for the day that we will meet again
In heaven where there’s no more sorrow, no more longing, no more pain
There we’ll hear your laughter
And you will see our tears
Tears of joy, no more sadness,
when we meet after all those years

For now and always we carry you with us
in our hearts
Our precious girl, our treasured child,
until we’re no longer apart.

6 comments:

In With the Light said...

what a beautiful poem. you continue to be in my prayers. bless you.

Jo said...

It must be a difficult day for you both today, hope your Mom and other family are all still with you. Ditto S above. x

Jo said...

It must be a difficult day for you both today, hope your Mom and other family are all still with you. Ditto S above. x

Kristen said...

my prayers are with you today. I hope you have plenty of support around you.

acidicice said...

Even though I'd started to feel a bit better by the time my due date came around, I still suffered and broke down on the day.

It wasn't meant to be easy.

*hugs*

acidicice said...

Even though I'd started to feel a bit better by the time my due date came around, I still suffered and broke down on the day.

It wasn't meant to be easy.

*hugs*