I've been reeeeally scarce but i have plenty of excuses. Ok fine, since you asked. In the last 3 weeks:
- my house flooded and stuffed up the wiring so i had to move for them to replace our thatch roof (of course the flooding and resultant moved happened while the band was away - obviously)
- xenophobia attacks meant our church took in 500 refugees and the band was responsible for coordinating it all... they were there for a weekend before being moved to a camp in strand which the band then co-lead for a week until disaster management were finally ready to step up. (While the guys were in our church building TWO bambinos were born there! Pretty hectic stuff!!!!)
- my boss left the organisation which means I am doing her work and mine for the next 3 months til they restructure
- we launched the Be the Hero campaign which I've been working on for 8 months... hopefully you've heard or seen some of our ads. Visit www.wwf.org.za/hero and then come say nice things about it
- the band is in madagascar and to punish me our evil mutt zebu peed on my bed and my pillow
- I am in JHB for the launch of the Africa Footprint Report on monday
VERY excited to be meeting Tamara on Monday.... YAY!
Also VEEERY excited to be going on a Ngala walking safari tomorrow!! YAY!!!!