Monday, April 23, 2007

What's in a name?

Well what is in a name? Why do we always manage to find such cheeseball names for stories, articles, essays and blog entries? So lame. Doesn't mean i intend to stop it!!!

Anyway, moving on from that random little tirade.

Names are the name of the game today. (More on that later!)
How many cliches do you think i can squish into one post?

No no limit, we'll reach for the skyyyyyyyy.

Ehem. Sorry. Forgive my jubilation. It's just that it is my birthday in 2 sleeps. No I am not stoked about reaching the kwarteeu (quarter of a century for the non saffers) milestone, it's just that birthdays are sooooo exciting. You get loads of gifts, but more importantly you get all the attention. What could possible be better? Phone calls, smses and loving aaaaall day! It's the perfect day really.

Except!!! One dark black cloud has moved accross the sun that is my big day...

The bluddy ICB (or something with three initials)has decided to go ahead and schedule the SA/Aussie semi final on MY day!!! WHAT IS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE??? Have they no decency at all?? How much attention is any male INCLUDING (and ESPECIALLY) my husband, my dad, my three brothers????? Not a whole lot I'm sure! Plus it is my mom's birthday on the day (so even the attention i would have gotten will be halved!)

Moving back to the subject of names...
Batchfoo... your bambino (if a girl) would make a very nice Caz the 2nd. And is a boy, maybe Kaz? (A kicking k just seems more masculine.)

Also on the topic of names. batchfoo quite rightly pointed out that no name blog needs a name. Any suggestions?

2 comments:

Edyta said...

Caz!
No name blog needs a name? How abt Free Crack Ups? :D LOL. Just kidding. I think, since its all abt u, so u should think of a name. Give it a word that u like. Words & letters are so much fun. Just look at the almighty WORD VERIFICATION. LOL

ExMi said...

The name of my blog [Expensive Mistakes and Cheap Thrills] is actually a line from a Karen Zoid song....hehe....

As for naming my kid - it's a 'family tradition' that the first born has the initials 'T.R'.
When I say tradition, I mean they're my dad's initials and they're mine....he would like me to pass them on to my kids too...

So Caz/Kaz doesn't quite fit in there....hehe...